Article, Review, Research
- Author / organization: Lee Benson, Ira Harkavy, and John Puckett
- April 22, 2007 Added by Фомина Елена Юрьевна Views: 2327
...The authors re-examine John Dewey’s idea that schools, specifically community schools, are the best places to foster a racially, socially and economically just democratic society...
- Author / organization: Martin Blank, the Coalition for Community Schools
- March 21, 2007 Added by Фомина Елена Юрьевна Views: 2000
Community schools challenge the current predominant theory of education reform, which isolates children’s academic development from their social, emotional, civic, and moral development. Community school leaders...
- Author / organization: Maggie I. Jaruzel, Mott Communications Officer
- September 1, 2006 Added by Фомина Елена Views: 2183
Elena Fomina, executive director of KCCP, discusses the nonprofit organization’s newest venture in community schools - the launch of a Web site containing information about the Russian and global community education movement - with Mott Communications Officer Maggie I. Jaruzel.
- Author / organization: Interview by Maggie I. Jaruzel, Ch. S. Mott Foundation
- August 4, 2006 Added by Фомина Елена Юрьевна Views: 1863
Andrey Kortunov is the president of the New Eurasia Foundation, a Mott grantee based in Moscow. Kortunov recently visited Mott’s Flint office and discussed New Eurasia’s work with Communications Officer Maggie I. Jaruzel.
- Author / organization: Maggie I. Jaruzel, The Mott Foundation
- July 7, 2006 Added by Фомина Елена Юрьевна Views: 1829
“Having a day set aside each year to celebrate community schools internationally plays an important role in transforming networks and building partnerships between countries.” Proclaiming a global day for community schools...
- Author / organization: Maggie I. Jarusel, the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- July 4, 2006 Added by Фомина Елена Юрьевна Views: 1969
The article highlights the development of community schools in various regions of Central and Eastern Europe and Russia where the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation has granted its support.